Innovations Medical is the first practice in the Metroplex to offer the new Smart Lipo MPX
Dr. Bill Johnson is the 1st physician in Texas with the new SmartLipo MPX, a safe alternative liposuction. SmartLipo is performed while you are awake and melts fat. Dr. Johnson has been performing SmartLipo longer than any other physician in Dallas Fort Worth.
How Safe is Awake Tummy Tuck?
In order to address safety, we must address the safety of both tumescent liposuction and of Avelar Tummy Tuck. Tumescent liposuction is an extremely safe technique. Several studies have shown only minor complications. This means there have been:
- NO pulmonary emboli
- NO organ perforation
- NO other major complication.
- NO Deaths
Similarly, Awake Tummy Tuck has been shown to be extremely safe. In fact, the original technique was developed to reduce complications from standard tummy tuck procedures. Complications from freeing the skin of the upper abdomen are reduced when this is done using tumescent liposuction.
Who should consider Awake Tummy Tuck?
The best candidates for Awake Tummy Tuck are:
- Women who have a moderate to large amount of loose skin in their abdomens after childbirth.
- Women or men who have a large amount of loose abdominal skin after weight loss or aging.
- Women or men who have gained weight in their abdomen and have a moderate or large amount of extra skin present.
- Women or men who do not like how the lower part of their tops or upper part of their pants fit.
Those who are NOT good candidates for Awake Tummy Tuck are:
- Women or men who have medical problems that would preclude elective surgery. Dr. Johnson can help evaluate this at you pre-operative evaluation.
- Women or men who are greatly overweight and should consider diet or weight loss surgery first.
- Women or men with a moderate amount of abdominal fat that and minimal loose skin that could be improved with liposuction alone.
- Women or men with a small amount of loose skin for which other procedures would produce good results.